Total Pageviews

Monday 18 February 2013

Keeping Fit

How many times have I been here? As in talking about keeping fit. Life always seems to get in the way, and yet I was very fit before I got married. Ten children can take quite a toll. However, I seem to at last be making progress, and the scales are going down, and my waist measurements have decreased 3 inches. So, what have I been doing this time? Here's the summary: 1) For 7 weeks, I have done 3-5 DVD workouts a week. My favourite ones are rosemary conley, and Davin Mcall. However, if you are new to this, I really would recommend starting with Rosemary, as Davina's ones can be pretty tough! 2) I have cut lunch down to 2 slices of wholegrain bread, sometimes rye, and sometimes sourdough. 3) No biscuits, except for the last week, I have had the odd digestive. 4) Desserts are not everyday, and have been sensible. Yes, I did even have some cake, but it was home made, and if you follow me regularly, you will know I always bake with much less sugar than the recipe suggests. 5) snacks have been fruit, or nuts. 6) Small dinner plate, with less starchy carbs, and more veg. So, basically I am sticking to a low GI diet, and eating lots of complex carbs, so I don't have to snack. So far so good. I haven't given up butter, or full fat cheese, or even bacon. I just have them in moderation, as I believe that moderation is the key where food is concerned. My metabolism is definitely increasing, and I feel sooo much fitter. The exercise is giving me lots more energy, stamina, and the ability to even burn calories why I am sitting here. So, what are you waiting for? If you haven't tried any of these things, and need to get fit/lose weight, give it a go. You are guaranteed to see a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment