Total Pageviews

Monday 2 December 2013

Fun and Games

Just recently, we have been having regular games nights, where we play board games. For the past few months it has been trivial pursuit. I had forgotten about how much fun I had with this as a child. Sadly, because I was like an only child (brother 12 years older) I didn't get a lot of opportunities to play. I played with my mum, and occasionally with friends. One of the great things about a large family, as there are six of us playing. The children learn from it, and compete with each-other, interact with each other. Sadly, in this IT generation families are not interacting much anymore. As a result, you have whole families split up doing different things. I wonder whether we have gone backwards, and not forwards. Years ago families always entertained themselves with singing, games, reading aloud, or just talking, and sharing!
We are doing a scrabble tournament over December, and we will all compete with each other to win prizes. Again, they are learning, and the 11 year old just recently beat the 16 year old. They are learning healthy competition, and how to be a good sport, while having fun along the way.
If you haven't already, let me encourage you to set aside a couple of hours and try it out. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment