Total Pageviews

Friday 3 January 2014

My Barley Grass Experiment

A year ago I was desperate. Desperate for relief from my yeast issues, and my constipation issues, which in turn brought on a very nasty case of haemerrhoids. Not wonderful if you are a mum of any, never mind ten, as I could barely walk at the worst times.
With a friend's advice I started taking barley grass. I bought it in the powder form from realfoods.co.uk. I started with just a tea spoon mixed in some hot water, and took it before breakfast. Over the year, I worked up to 1 tablespoon, and to be honest, I think the one tablespoon dose has been the most effective for me.
A year on, and I have lost 1 and a half stone, am mainly free from yeast issues, and rarely suffer with the issues of constipation I had, so yes, I think it has made a big difference, as it is also something I have taken every day.
Barley grass has several benefits, and some reckon it is the best thing you can take nutritionally.
1) It is easily digested- In minutes, in fact.
2) Contains high levels of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and chlorophyll.
3) Has stong alkalizing effects. (Great for yeast conditions, due to this factor)
4) It is claimed it is the only vegetable supplying ALL the nutrients we need.
5) Relieves constipation, and improves digestion.
Some even say it can help with diabetes, and asthma. I can see why for diabetes, as it does help with the blood sugar, as in stabilising it.
There are many other considered benefits, I have just listed the ones I feel are credible in my experience.
It is always best taken first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, for best effect.
If you are reading this, Anne, thanks for the great advice! That is why I am posting this, as maybe someone else can be helped in the way I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment