Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Spicy Butternut soup

Made this up messing around today. Princess Cherry wasn't keen on me doing Tuscan bean, so I decided to pull out all the best ideas I have about butternut, and I must say the results were superb.
Really economical too.

INGREDIENTS: SERVED 12
1 PACKET FROZEN BUTTERNUT (I USED WAITROSE) OR CHOPPED, PREPARED BUTTERNUT.
1 ONION
1 LEEK
2 TBS CURRY PASTE
GARLIC
STOCK
2 TBS COCONUT POWDER
4 LARGE CARROTS
4 POTATOES
1 SWEET POTATO
1 TIN CANNELINNI BEANS
1 carton single cream (optional)

METHOD
FRY ONIONS AND LEEKS IN OIL. ADD CURRY PASTE AND GARLIC. STIR, AND ADD REST, INCLUDING STOCK, TILL WELL COVERED.

COOK FOR 30 MINS ON SIMMER, OR 20 MINUTES IN PRESSURE COOKER.
I LIGHTLY MASHED WITH A MASHER. DELICIOUS.
I SERVED WITH CHEESY GARLIC BREAD.
I almost made a mistake and put ambrosia custard in! I was looking for cream. You can if you like it creamy add a pot of single cream to this.



1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy. I made stinging nettle soup today which a couple of people , in the family love. I wasn't sure when I ate it before but today's wasn't bad except for the stings getting the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete